Occupational safety and health of workers is an important issue not only in concrete production facilities and concrete production process, but also during the transportation and pouring of concrete. A significant number of work accidents in the construction sector, especially in the concrete sector, occur during concrete pouring. For this reason, transmitter and pump operators should be strictly instructed on the risks of accidents during concrete pouring and the measures to be taken against them.
When it comes to work safety in concrete pouring, the following points should be considered first:
- All conditions for safe transportation of concrete to the area used should be ensured (road, vehicle safety)
- Transmitter and pump operators must have sufficient knowledge of control and use systems
- Operators should be aware of the risks and hazards they may encounter in areas not suitable for concrete pouring
- The consequences of possible losses during the transportation of concrete and preventive measures against them should be informed
- Transmitters, pumps and conveyors must be adequately lit.
- In particular, pump operators should be instructed against electrical accidents that they often encounter and that occur when the pump pipe touches electrical wires.
- Remote control devices must be available for work in and around high voltage power lines.
Accord Concrete takes responsibility for all the safety measures we have listed and instructs its staff in advance about dangerous situations that may arise during the work.